mecanical question

A place for all your Diablo Rouge Questions or just a place to shoot the bull about those little Red Devils.
thejavlinguy
mecanical question

Post by thejavlinguy » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:41 pm

hi all ... i have a nice 1968 diablo 502 .. the 2 nuts on the front motor mount came undone from the vertical part of the frame . those are the one on the rubber mount . how in heck do i go in that small opening and install those 2 nuts..any feedback would very welcome thanks PAUL

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Re: mecanical question

Post by Go Go Diablo » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:34 pm

Hi Paul,

Just to verify, you are talking about the mounts on the bottom of the motor - right?

The nuts on the inside of that tube are welded from the factory. If you have what looks like hex type nuts that were not welded, it's possible the original "welded on" nuts were pushed out before and someone installed regular nuts in their place. They would be very difficult to reach with any standard wrench. I suspect one would have to make a special wrench to get down that small opening.

I know that does not help much, but let us know if we are talking about the same nuts or if you have other questions. Hopefully, others from the forum might have better suggestions than I.

Bruce
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX