Fuel issue

A place for all your Diablo Rouge Questions or just a place to shoot the bull about those little Red Devils.
gorm
Fuel issue

Post by gorm » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:44 pm

This seems strange to me, but I started my 502 yesteday and fuel was coming out from between the cooling fins on the head, on the clutch side of the engine, for a better description. It does not look like a head gasket, but I could be wrong. Is it possible fuel is leaking and being forced by the fan??

Garth

Barrie2777

Re: Fuel issue

Post by Barrie2777 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:20 pm

If you are hinting that there is excess fuel going into the cylinder and then leaking out the head gasket, I would doubt this sinario because your machine would not likely run at all with that much excess fuel in the cylinder. My bet is a line leak or carb gasket leak at the fuel bowl. If the gasket s are incorrectly placed, then fuel can leak continuously into the cylinder and fill the base of the engine. In a HUS-SKI the fuel comes out the muffler since it is on the bottom of the engine. On a Diablo the fuel will probably never get to the muffler since there are a few bends and joints prior to the muffler.

gorm

Re: Fuel issue

Post by gorm » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:09 pm

Thanks.

Since my post I have pulled off the carb, put in new diapragms, new impulse line, and retorqued the head. I found the spark plug to be not real tight. A lot of work for a loose plug. I found there was no gasket between the heat shield and the carb, so I put new gaskets throughout. Had to be done anyway. Haven't run it yet, but will this week and I let you know how it went.

Garth