Spark Plugs?????

A place for all your Diablo Rouge Questions or just a place to shoot the bull about those little Red Devils.
cdnprairie
Spark Plugs?????

Post by cdnprairie » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:12 pm

Hi All,

Another area which may cause some confusion or questions to arise is the issue of spark plugs. I have checked both under plug manufacturers and tried to cross reference from one to the other. Some numbers I have come up with for the 300 Hirth are....

Champion D9 or 509
Autolite 2695 or 2696
NGK A6,A7,AB7 and A8

Now I realize that both technology in plugs and oils have improved and that fowling may no longer be an issue as in the past. My question is....WHAT PLUG IS EVERYONE USING IN THIER DIABLOS'?

Ken

Rock

Re: Spark Plugs?????

Post by Rock » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:01 pm

Hi all

What i'm using in my 500 id a Champion d16. When i bought the Diablo that was already in it. I think this is not the right one because they don't last very long.

Rock
Hus-ski 200A
65 Snowbug
73 Olympique 300
71 Snow Cruiser
196? Rat Hus-ski

devil dog

Post by devil dog » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:03 pm

the NGK A7 works well in my 502.

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:39 pm

Hi Ken,

I tried using the Champion D9 and immediately had problems with fouling. Many people are telling me a Champion D14 works good and it has worked for me too. FYI, I do have several original Bosch MG225T1's available. Not saying it's any better than a new D14, but it is original equipment.

Bruce
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX

cdnprairie

Post by cdnprairie » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:53 pm

Hi Bruce,

Hope your past week was fruitful and went well. You say D14 eh. In all my checking and cross referencing, that number did not come up. You say it resolved your fouling issue. Does that mean Champion numbers are hotter as the number increase. I took some info off the NGK site and it would appear that thiers are colder as the number increase based on the example used. When you check the various manufactures you get different numbers when you look for Bolens or the actual engine Hirth. Seems impossible to cross ref one to another. So you don;t know if you have colder or hotter plugs. MIne had a NGK A7 so I picked up one of those. The reason for asking the question was to determine a consensus as to what everyone was using or what worked best.

Ken

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:02 pm

Ken,

I'm pretty sure that is correct on the Champion Plug. The higher the number, the hotter the plug. I too am interested in what others are using. Other members, if you use other plugs, please share.

Bruce
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX