Insurance for a Diablo

A place for all your Diablo Rouge Questions or just a place to shoot the bull about those little Red Devils.
cdnprairie
Re: Insurance for a Diablo

Post by cdnprairie » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:30 pm

Hi all,

Rock, I registered and insured by Diablo today. Now remember we have Public Insurance here in Manitoba. My broker was surprized when he queried the Diablo it came up on the Manitoba Public Insurance site as Bolens Diablo Rouge Hus Ski. Registration/PLate fee,Liability ($500,000), underinsured motorist($500.000) and Comprehensive Loss (includes,fire,theft, vandalism) cost me $153.00.

I spoke to my broker about your situation and he said it sounds like Russell's broker is simply not prepared to deal with you because your only looking for sled insurance, whereas it sounds like her company holds all of Russell's insurance needs. My broker suggested you find out who the underwriter is for Russells policy and then go to them. He like many of us, he believed you are being yanked around. For what its worth my friend.

Ken

Rock

Post by Rock » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:42 pm

Hi guys

Donna said that she could not help me. So I tried another compagny and guess what they told me that they would take my machines. They told me that I need the value of the machine when it was new. And now the price for one machine is at 390.00 That's way too expensive but i don't have any choice if i wan't to ride this year. I would like to put both machines on the road but i don't think that the wife will say yes to it.

Ken
Your very lucky that your paying 153.00 per year. I wish i was living out dare.

Rock
Hus-ski 200A
65 Snowbug
73 Olympique 300
71 Snow Cruiser
196? Rat Hus-ski

Barrie2777

Post by Barrie2777 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:24 pm

I knew we had a deal here in Quebec but I wasn't sure until today. We are able to buy a trail pass for our antique machines for the sum of $150. This is good for the season and comes with $500,000 public liability insurance. Regular snnowmobiles cost $250 for a trail pass. This rate has been negociated by our RCMAQ which is the Antique Snowmobiliers Collecting Club of Quebec (that is a loose translation). Thanks RCMAQ.