IT RUNS!!

A place for all your Diablo Rouge Questions or just a place to shoot the bull about those little Red Devils.
BillNH
IT RUNS!!

Post by BillNH » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:47 pm

For the first time in the six years that I have had my diablo, it ran today, Yipee.
I still can't keep it running for more than a few minutes at a time, and have to start it with a prime from a Dixie cup, but I rode it across the yard and back this afternoon.
I have been trying since the meet in Gorham to get it to start, finally I bought a good set of feeler gages and reset the points, voila, spark. Then with a little prime, off it went almost crashing into my work bench in the garage. That told me "take it outside before you break something", so I did and ended up riding across the yard and back with only 3 restarts. I went almost 200 feet on it in the last six years, what a ride.
Bill, 503 Diablo Rouge, 444 mongrel. 2009 Arctic Cat 570

BillNH

Re: IT RUNS!!

Post by BillNH » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:02 pm

Update... with a little carb adjustment and replacing the crankcase pulse line, I was able to ride around the yard four times and keep it running for ten minutes at least. Now I know it will live, at least for a few more years.
Bill, 503 Diablo Rouge, 444 mongrel. 2009 Arctic Cat 570