Nacelle decal.... another difference?

A place for all your Diablo Rouge Questions or just a place to shoot the bull about those little Red Devils.
Roy Teske
Nacelle decal.... another difference?

Post by Roy Teske » Tue May 06, 2008 8:12 pm

Has anyone else noticed the direction of the maple leaf decal on the nacelle of the 500 and the 502? When I went to install mine on my 502 , I went to pictures on the net. I found that the 500s had the stem facing front and the 502s were facing to the rear. Since my nacelle came off a 500, I pointed the stem forward, to honour the old relic I had to retire. Another difference ? How are they positioned on your machines? Roy.

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Re: Nacelle decal.... another difference?

Post by Go Go Diablo » Tue May 06, 2008 9:07 pm

Roy - we are going to start calling the Diablo Quality Control Guy. You can tell us all the differences between all the models. Only a real pro would notice the difference in the way the maple leaf faces.

When I have a chance, I'll look at the 5 in the garage and see how they are mounted.
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX

Roy Teske

Post by Roy Teske » Sat May 10, 2008 11:55 am

Bruce.... I would have to give that title to Barrie. He has forgotten more about diablos and hus-skis than you and I know put together. You'll understand if we're a little sensitive up her about which way the old maple leaf is pointed though , especially after that baseball thing a while back (just kidding). Anyway , not the burning topic I thought it was. Take care. Roy.

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Sat May 10, 2008 9:43 pm

Yes Roy, I agree the comment about Barrie. We are lucky to have him as part of the forum. You too. By the way, your clutch puller design is helping people out all over. I know at least one person who made their own and I had 8 of them made with only a couple left. I've been tapping out all my Primary clutches for the future.

It was a wonderful thing to share. :P

Bruce
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX

Roy Teske

Post by Roy Teske » Sun May 11, 2008 8:27 pm

Thanks Bruce. I love working on these machines and helping people out who share our interest . It really comes together when you get to spend a day riding with a large group of these people as we did this year on the 19th annual Chalk River Hus-ski Run. Thanks Larry , family and friends. Catman and I were two diablos in the wave of yellow, but I think we held our own. The agility of these beefed up hus-skis is amazing to watch in the open woods. We need more red support though. If you're interested Bruce send me your address and I'll send you some pictures and a short video of the run. Roy.