Diablo Mufflers

A place for all your Diablo Rouge Questions or just a place to shoot the bull about those little Red Devils.
Go Go Diablo
Site Admin
Diablo Mufflers

Post by Go Go Diablo » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:47 pm

Hi all. Lots of people are looking for mufflers mainly for the 502. If I were to bring a good one down to the local muffler fabrication shop and ask them if they could reproduce such a muffler, could anyone provide some input what to specify?

Is a 2-cycle muffler different from a 4-cycle? Do we need to worry about back pressure created or the lack of back pressure causing a problem. Will a different than original muffler change the lean/rich condition inside the crankcase? Stuff like that.

Bruce
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX

Barrie2777

Re: Diablo Mufflers

Post by Barrie2777 » Sun May 11, 2008 8:36 pm

Bruce, I did this last winter for the 252 JLO. The fabricator was supposed to make 15 but gave up after two and handed us the parts for the remaining 13. The two that were made are excellent. Before making them, he disected one of my original mufflers and made all the parts the same. The muffler for the 252 is very simple. If a 502 muffler can be disected, the resulting new muffler should perform as well as the original.