Hus Ski 50th Anniversary in Alliston - Share you stuff!

Use this area to have discussions and swap information regarding Diablos or Hus Skis!
jeffrogers
Re: Hus Ski 50th Anniversary in Alliston - Share you stuff!

Post by jeffrogers » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:40 am

What an EVENT. Thanks to Shawn/Tracey.. Bruce would have never even known this was going on, if you didn't send that email. Think that every hus-ski produced was there. WOW. There's that many around and more I am sure.

devil dog

Post by devil dog » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:31 am

I agree, it was the BEST snowmobile event by far and well worth the trip ! I wonder if anyone was able to do an actual count of Hus-Skis and Diablo Rouge that attended?

HUS-SKI ED 1961

Post by HUS-SKI ED 1961 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:58 am

I saw Barry counting when all of you lined up for the photo.

Ed

SnowsquallTracy

Post by SnowsquallTracy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:47 pm

I am curious as to how many as well....we had an idea as to how many sleds overall to expect, but I have to say it was still HUGE when they were all there! Thank you so much for coming from so far and wide to the event! You guys were our first "sled of the Year" and it was great to host your 50th Anniversary. Shawn and I may have to get a Hus ski now to add to the collection. Riding one is a complete hoot, and I can't blame you for being addicted!

Tracy

ljhuuki

Post by ljhuuki » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:53 pm

Looking at all of your pics and seeing what went on there I am completely jealous that my bro and I could not attend that event. I always thought seeing 9 Hus Skis at my Grandpas mill was the most I could ever see but WOW was that a thing to see!!! And as for riding a Hus Ski.... YES the addiction is a thing to have, take a new one any day. Give me a Hus Ski and I am all set to go. Thanks for this forum we can almost feel like we were there.

SnowsquallTracy

Post by SnowsquallTracy » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:11 pm

Front page of the Alliston Herald....we didn't even know they were there!

Roy Teske

Post by Roy Teske » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:29 pm

Awesome day!

The Alliston snow has long since melted off the Diablo in the garage, but I’ve got lots of pictures and video clips for memories. Met some old friends and made many new ones.

Thanks to Tracy and Shawn and all your volunteers for hosting the event. Thanks to Barrie for the dozens of hours you spent on the Hus-Ski/Diablo event. A real professional job all around. Thanks Ed for taking the time to talk to everyone. Your stories from the past are priceless. The hus-ski runs at the end of the day were a highlight for me and a fitting end!

Here’s a few pictures!

PS - Remember: The Constance Bay Run goes next Saturday, February 26 (weather permitting)! See http://www.oldsledrun.info for details.

If the weather holds, maybe another Val Des Bois run March 4, 5, 6 - let me know if you are interested.
Attachments
IMG_1776.jpg
IMG_1776.jpg (96.62KiB)Viewed 5641 times
IMG_1724.jpg
IMG_1724.jpg (100.71KiB)Viewed 5641 times
IMG_1713.jpg
IMG_1713.jpg (140.28KiB)Viewed 5641 times

Barrie2777

Post by Barrie2777 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:33 pm

After one week to reflect and recover from the largest HUS-SKI event I will ever participate in, I feel more confident now that it was a success. Having been heavily involved in the planning it is easy to think about all that was not done, forgotten to do or just plain no time to do. Surpassing all this is the passion and pleasure everyone had in driving their HUS-SKi or Diablo and telling the tale that comes with every machine and it did not matter if the machine was fully restored or a "beater" found in the dump, we wre glad to see them all. Many thanks to Shawn and Tracy for pulling together their end of the show. A big thankyou to Larry Gendron of the Chalk river gang for coming and presenting the "HUS-SKI Ride" awards just as he has done for the last 20 years. Those awards made this an "Official" HUS-SKI ride. Much thanks must go to all the participants of this celebration of 50 years of HUS-SKi. Those who drove hundreds of miles and in some cases 1000's of kilometers to be in Alliston on Feb 12th shows the passion these machines stir up in some people. The VIP showcase proved to be a valuable tool in showing the differences of each and every model even to some who thought they had their machines figured out. The Snowmobile TV crew was having so much fun they weren't sure they were actually working or playing. We even converted some conventional snowmobile owners that maybe they should have a HUS-SKI in their collection and not only for showing but for driving. Yes, all you HUS-SKI and Diablo participants...you made this event a success and I was glad to be there to enjoy it.

Roy Teske

Post by Roy Teske » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:07 pm

A few more pics!
IMG_1758.jpg
IMG_1758.jpg (125.53KiB)Viewed 5613 times
IMG_1768.jpg
IMG_1768.jpg (90.89KiB)Viewed 5613 times
IMG_1720.jpg
IMG_1720.jpg (108.51KiB)Viewed 5613 times

Husski3

Post by Husski3 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:09 pm

Hi all:

Just a quick note to say we had a great time in Alliston. Thanks to Tracy and Shawn for putting on the event . And to all that were in the planning of it. Got to say that it was the perfect weekend for it because now there is very little snow after this weeks meltdown. It would not have been as enjoyable if it had been this weekend. It was nice meeting and talking to some fellow hus-ski nuts...now I can put a face to the name. Also riding with everyone was the highlight of the day. :D Maybe some day it will happen again with that many hus-skis/diablos in one spot. Here are a few shots....hopefully the downloading works.
Thanks to Red Devil 500 if it does work.[img
][/img]

Nope it didn't work....anybody have any ideas on how to get your pictures resized?

Husskiken