HUS-SKI 50th Anneversary Ride at "Live on Skiis",Alliston ed

Use this area to have discussions and swap information regarding Diablos or Hus Skis!
Barrie2777
HUS-SKI 50th Anneversary Ride at "Live on Skiis",Alliston ed

Post by Barrie2777 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:15 pm

The monent you have been waiting for is coming February 12th,2011....officially as of today , there will be a 50th Anniversary ride in Alliston Ontario. The event is in the early stages of planning but it is going to happen. I will be posting more info as things develope, please stay tuned to this post. I will need help from the regions of Canada and the US to get the word out. Please email me if you can assist. HAPPY HUS-SKIing!!

Snowsquall

Re: HUS-SKI 50th Anneversary Ride at "Live on Skiis",Alliston ed

Post by Snowsquall » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:21 pm

Hi All.

Just letting you all know, of the date of the ride here at our place. We had 150 sleds in total that were being riden through out the day. We again will have the 660 foot radar run track, and the sled sloloam coarse, with it being times with single riders, and 4 riders at time for 4 laps.

Here is the break down for the day. Last year we did not understand the insurance requirment, we should have had everyone pay and sign the wavier, even if you have your own insurance you are required to sign for the liability. We hope this is ok with everyone.

The cost like last year will be 20$

Start time will be 8am till dark, we had riders till the sun went down last year.

Again this year there will be the 660 foot drag track, for this year there will be pylons marking the track and return routes. Please pay attention and heed the lanes for safety

After last years Sled Sloloam coarse success we are bring it back again this year. But with a twist we are going to have people who still want to run against the clock and heats of 4 for those who want to race against each other. For those who want to race against each othere there will be safey and rules for that. I will post those up soon.

Children 14 and under ride for free but parents will have to sign the wavier.

For any family who wants to go tobogging bring alone there tubes or sleds please feel free to throw them in because we have a really good hill for that.

Again this year there will be food served the day of the ride. We will have the coffee on ready to go for the early morning arrivals

We will have signs for the different parking areas this year. And we will register as you park in these areas.

So we hope you can make it our for a full day of riding, bench racing and much much more.

For those who want to come down on friday night, there is 3 places to stay, Red Pine motor Inn Alliston, Nottawasaga Inn and Resort, Motel 400. I will be seeing about getting better rates at above places.
http://www.nottawasagaresort.com/
http://www.redpineinn.com/
http://www.motel400.com/

Thanks

Shawn and Tracy.

Barrie2777

Post by Barrie2777 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:49 pm

There will be a couple online contests to participate in during the coming months leading up to "Live on Skiis". Please stay connected to this site for more information.

Snowsquall

Post by Snowsquall » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:00 pm

Hi All.

Here is pics of the snowing fall here this morning. Gives you an idea of how it will look for the ride. These are just a few of the area were we will be riding.

Thank you.

Shawn and Tracy

Barrie2777

Post by Barrie2777 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:26 pm

This is the first photo of the "PHOTO ID CONTEST". Here is how it works. If you think you can identify which model of HUS-SKI this part belongs to (remember that each part in this contest will be found uniquely on only one model of HUS-SKI) then send me an email at HUSSKI@BELLNET.CA with your answer/guess of the model type and where the part goes. I will keep track of all answers and announce the person with the most correct answers at the ALLISTON LIVE on SKIIS event Feb 12th 2011. Should there be more than one person with the same amount of correct answers, we will draw for the prize. PLAY with caution as the photos are not for the faint of heart. Those with red running in their veins may want to wait until I explian how to cheat and get the answers from me.
Attachments
Mystery part #1 (Small).jpg
Mystery part #1 (Small).jpg (25.66KiB)Viewed 7021 times

fap67

Post by fap67 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:41 pm

Barrie, Here is a suggestion, how about starting a new thread titled Photo ID Contest. This thread is probably going to get very long as it is and less chance of a person missing a picture if it has its own thread.

Barrie2777

Post by Barrie2777 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:33 pm

I was hoping to keep everyting assiocated with the Alliston event in one thread. With that said I could start a new thread and since no replys should be made to it, the contest post would include only the photos. I think I should still post in this one indicating that a new photo has been posted. How does that sound?

fap67

Post by fap67 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:20 pm

Sounds good, I see your point about keeping everything in one thread.

Barrie2777

Post by Barrie2777 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:12 am

Mystery photo # 2 has been added to the "Mystery Parts" thread