HUS-SKI 50th Anneversary Ride at "Live on Skiis",Alliston ed

Use this area to have discussions and swap information regarding Diablos or Hus Skis!
devil dog
Re: HUS-SKI 50th Anneversary Ride at "Live on Skiis",Alliston ed

Post by devil dog » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:20 pm

Hi Shawn, I just wanted to say thanks for getting us all a great rate at the Red Pine and for all you guys are doing, including Barrie, to organize this event. And Bruce, for creating this awesome site, and occasionally taking out the trash ! Super job guys, a class act.

devil dog

Post by devil dog » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:40 pm

Hi Shawn, I just wanted to say thanks for getting a great discounted rate for us all at The Red Pine Inn, and for all you,Tracy, and Barrie have been doing to organize and prepare this event, and of course, Bruce,for creating and maintaining this site as well as all the reproductions of so many obsolete parts for these machines. Amen.

Barrie2777

Post by Barrie2777 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:00 pm

Yes we must thank Bruce for this site because without this HUS-SKI /Diablo dedicated site , there would not be a venue to reach all the HUS-SKI / Diablo owners that are out there and willing to participate in the Anniversary celebration. The ACSCC site has been a great asset also, to reach those not familiar with this site.

Snowsquall

Post by Snowsquall » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:01 pm

Hi Devil Dog.

Thank you for the kind word. We are trying to put on a good event for all you guys to come to and to enjoy. Tracy and I are really excited in seeing all you guys here.

Thank you.

Shawn

Snowsquall

Post by Snowsquall » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:05 pm

Barrie2777 wrote:Yes we must thank Bruce for this site because without this HUS-SKI /Diablo dedicated site , there would not be a venue to reach all the HUS-SKI / Diablo owners that are out there and willing to participate in the Anniversary celebration. The ACSCC site has been a great asset also, to reach those not familiar with this site.
Hey Barrie.

Great point, with out this site you guys would not have a chance to talk to othere fellas with the same passion to restore and drive your cool sleds. Well Barrie we will have alot of fella's who didn't know were coming.

Thank you.

Shawn

Barrie2777

Post by Barrie2777 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:19 pm

This HUS-SKI was home made after the 600 single track recall and was appartently powered with a West Bend engine.
Attachments
Champagne HUS-SKI.jpg
Champagne HUS-SKI.jpg (64.82KiB)Viewed 3849 times

SnowsquallTracy

Post by SnowsquallTracy » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:42 pm

Things are really coming together! It is going to be a great event! You'll notice I am really liking !!!!!!!! exclamation points. I have been trapped in the house with signboards a sharpie markers today. (sharpie high??)

The sled slalom track is in place, the groomer is on site, and Shawn is working on our loaner Alpine to pull it. The forecast is calling for a nasty snowstorm over the next 2 days, so we'll have a ton of snow (conditions are already awesome at the site) this will make it even better, with fresh powder to lay down some trails.

See you there!!

Tracy

jeffrogers

Post by jeffrogers » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:58 pm

Iam not so sure I can wait till the 12th. Any sugestions? I have allready burned a tank of fuel, with the hus-ski. Swear i have a perma grin going on.

SnowsquallTracy

Re: HUS-SKI 50th Anneversary Ride at "Live on Skiis",Allisto

Post by SnowsquallTracy » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:51 pm

Our area, along with a huge chunk of the US and eastern Canada, received some sweet powder overnight and into today!

While we will have groomed trails and race tracks, we just wanted to let you know that there will be lots open open space for you guys to bust into!

So bring out those Hus-ski's, and any other vintage machines you have, and give 'er!!

Tracy

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Re: HUS-SKI 50th Anneversary Ride at "Live on Skiis",Allisto

Post by Go Go Diablo » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:54 pm

Whoo Hoo! I got the trailer ready tonight for Alliston and loaded the first machine! :) If things go as planned, I'll try to get three more ready to go before next Thursday. We are scrambling here at Diablo Central!

Bruce
DSC00823.JPG
DSC00823.JPG (162.84KiB)Viewed 3759 times
DSC00824.JPG
DSC00824.JPG (164.97KiB)Viewed 3759 times
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX