Hus Ski / Diablo Workshop August 14, 2010

Use this area to have discussions and swap information regarding Diablos or Hus Skis!
Go Go Diablo
Site Admin
Hus Ski / Diablo Workshop August 14, 2010

Post by Go Go Diablo » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:34 pm

Hi all,

I've received enough interest to commit to a Get Together this August. We will tag the event a "Workshop" and all will be welcome. The date will be August 14th which is a Saturday and will take place at my shop in Sobieski, Wisconsin. I'm suspecting the event till take place from 9am till later that afternoon but will confirm when closer to the date.

There will be room for you to bring your Hus Skis and Diablos. I'm not expecting snow cover, but this is Wisconsin so you never know. With that said, I won't be planning a trail ride! :D What does seem of interest is to put together some exhibits to generate discussion, learning and knowledge. Some thoughts and offers to date would be:

- A motor display to show the motor internals, how to disassemble and assemble, how to pressure test. I could show this process for the Hirths, but would need someone to offer up the JLO process.

- A Diablo Gearbox display to show how they are constructed and how to disassemble and assemble.

- A Hus Ski Track Building display to show how you can make your own Hus Ski tracks. I'll be asking Frank P for this display.

- A carb display to show carb components, how to pop-off test the seat and how to assemble. I know the HR, but would need someone to show the HL.

- A Diablo Bogie Wheel display to show how they are constructed, how to get tires replaced and how to refurbish.

Those are just suggestions, so if there is something else of interest, let us know.

The event will be held rain or shine. Should the weather not cooperate, we can move inside the shop and should have plenty of room. Please know that I have no water available on site, so we will get a porta-pottie brought in. There is room to park a camper or tent if some would like to stay over. We will offer a cookout for the group and everyone can bring their favorite beverage and a dish or desert to share. RSVP's will be necessary. You can contact Bruce at bruce@gogodiablo.com.

Looking forward to a great turnout and lots of fun.

Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Re: Hus Ski / Diablo Workshop August 14, 2010

Post by Go Go Diablo » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:32 pm

We are getting some good early response to the Workshop. For those that checked in, thanks for being ahead of the curve. If you are interested in joining us, let me know and I can put you on the email distribution for details as we get closer to the event.

Another possible display could be building seats and installing seat covers. We are asking our buddy Michael to do that for us if he can make it.

Bruce
Yamaha 600 SX

devil dog

Post by devil dog » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:34 pm

I wish I could make it there, but I have a prior commitment! Anyone from New England area going?

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:34 pm

No one from the east coast, but a few people coming down from Quebec.

Bruce
Yamaha 600 SX

Kirklandkie

Post by Kirklandkie » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:51 pm

I want to go in the worst way, but a 20 hour drive from CT for a one day event doesnt make sense for me. :(
i'd love to get a track building lesson... Lol

-kirk

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:39 pm

20 hours ain't nothin. We have guys coming from Quebec, Ontario and Manitoba. North of the border will be well represented. While you are here, you can do the Packers thing and make a weekend out of it ;)

Sorry its too far for you to come Kirk.

Bruce
Yamaha 600 SX

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:40 pm

Here is the doorprize!
Workshop.jpg
Workshop.jpg (103.49KiB)Viewed 5113 times
Yamaha 600 SX

bottomsupduckclub

Post by bottomsupduckclub » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:52 am

I'm not sure I have room on the shop wall for the banner, but I am pretty sure I'd be able to make room! Only 7 days till the event of the year :D

BOTTOMS UP
69 Diablo "503"
72 Kitty cat
74 JD 295s (1 1/2X)
7? Jdx8
81 Spitfire
80 Liquifire CUSTOM
94 Indy
94 XCR 440

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:35 pm

Hi all,

I want to thank all of you who took time out of your busy summer to come by the shop for a day to attend the Hus Ski / Diablo Workshop. About 20 people in all were there and we talked most of the day about gearboxes, tracks, motors and more. In addition, everyone met new people and had a great lunch to share. Special thanks to you Canadian folk whom traveled from Quebec, Ontario and Manitoba for the event. Now that is dedication my friends.

If you snapped a few pictures while you were there, please send me some as I'll be building a short article in the "News Page" and could use a few more good photos.

Bruce
DSC00240.JPG
DSC00240.JPG (152.59KiB)Viewed 4997 times
Yamaha 600 SX

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:42 pm

Hi All,

I've added the Workshop photos to the "News" page of the website. Thank you to those who shared pictures.

Again, it was a great time.

Bruce
Yamaha 600 SX