Snow Goer magazine - They're dead wrong!

Use this area to have discussions and swap information regarding Diablos or Hus Skis!
tweivoda
Snow Goer magazine - They're dead wrong!

Post by tweivoda » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:47 pm

I picked up the latest Snowgoer magazine. Its not my favorite but I needed some new reading.

They have this article titled "Snowmobile Engineering Blunders". The article mentions that there were some really strange sleds that actually made it to the market but not with great success. It goes on to mention the Huskee and Bolens Diablo Rouge had designs that looked like a garden tractor pulling a sled behind them.

Unique yes, strange hardly. But hey, there is a nice picture of a Diablo so that article wasn't a complete waste of time.

plowman

Re: Snow Goer magazine - They're dead wrong!

Post by plowman » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:57 pm

Maybe Snow Goer magazine could do an article on other snowmobiles that are still worth restoring after 45 years.
Jim

Barrie2777

Post by Barrie2777 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:34 pm

We have to remember that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. These sleds are surely unique and give a ride that you never forget. Just ask anyone who rode one when they were 10 yrs old and never rode one since. I also cannot say they were a blunder because they were on the market for eight years. Many convertional sled designs did not survive two years. As time went on and the "need for speed" became the big feature, there was no other fate for these machines than to fall short in the fast track. Their uniqueness has prevailed and we now see a surge in their popularity. Many thanks to all the HUS-SKI and Diablo collectors who have made this happen.

Rock

Post by Rock » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:35 pm

Hi

I remenber was i was about 5 years old my brothers and i use to take the Hus-ski and go for a ride with out the sleigh. It took me over 40 years to ride a Hus-ski again. Believe me i will never buy a new snowmobile. I rather ride my Hus-ski and Diablo rouge . There's not ot many of those machines around anymore. My kids and grand kids will have one of my Bolens when i'm gone. There's alot of people don't even know what is a Hus-ski or a Diablo Rouge . I'm verry lucky to have 5 of them so fare .

Take care

Rock
Hus-ski 200A
65 Snowbug
73 Olympique 300
71 Snow Cruiser
196? Rat Hus-ski