500 Dis-assembly

Use this area to have discussions and swap information regarding Diablos or Hus Skis!
segrat
500 Dis-assembly

Post by segrat » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:14 pm

Took a bunch of pictures so they could be referenced when I asked a few questions but I can't figure out how to attach them. I keep getting the message file is to big. So I'll ask without the pictures. The front tin that has the hinge on it for the hood is pretty much shot on my 500. Anyone have one of these or do I just need to try and fabricate one ? I have the 500 completly dis-assembled now and want to start looking for parts. Secondary clutch is giving me some problems coming off so I'm soaking it with penetrating oil and we'll see in a couple days if its going oblige. Kinda funny thing, when I started taking all the boggie assemblies off. Somewhere in time someone welded stops on the tube holding the boggies so they would not flip forward. Good idea I guess, but they welded them on the side with the rubber bumper on one side of the machine and welded them on the correct side of the tube on the other. I laughed like heck when I saw that. Think the welder had a few to many bruskies part way through the job.

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Re: 500 Dis-assembly

Post by Go Go Diablo » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:28 pm

If you cannot get pictures to download, set your camera to the lowest resolution setting you have. The forum has a limit to the size of picture you can download, otherwise it shows up so big on the forum, you cannot view the entire picture.

Bruce
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX