Forum Use Discussion - Hints - Guidlines & other stuff

Use this area to have discussions and swap information regarding Diablos or Hus Skis!
Go Go Diablo
Site Admin
Forum Use Discussion - Hints - Guidlines & other stuff

Post by Go Go Diablo » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:43 pm

Hi all,

If you are like me, using this forum is new and a little bit intimidating. I gotta say, if I can use it, everyone can.

I posted this topic so those who use this format often can help others who wish to learn to use it more. Simple things like where to post your questions, how to reply, ways to set up your user profile, private messages, searching for information and make changes in your User Control Panel. All things that can make your Diablo & Hus Ski forum a pleasant one.

Also, we currently have the forum broken up into topics like General Discussion, Hus Ski Questions, Diablo Questions and so on. If you have another topic you believe would be worth posting, let me know and we will consider it along with all the other great suggestions that come from this community.

Thanks all for using the forum,

Bruce
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Re: Forum Use Discussion - Hints - Guidlines & other stuff

Post by Go Go Diablo » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:20 pm

First suggestion I have to get the most out of the site is to use the "View New Posts" link up top when your are on the front page of the forum. When you are signed in, it will pull up every new post since the last time you were logged in.
Yamaha 600 SX

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Re: Forum Use Discussion - Hints - Guidlines & other stuff

Post by Go Go Diablo » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:48 pm

Another cool think is to post a "avatar" which is a little picture of what ever you want that shows up each time you post.

First off find a picture you like. Then pull up your photo software and edit it by doing a "save as". Choose a different name to save the photo under, then look for an option for file size (mine is in the lower left of the save window). Save the picture with the smallest size you can (thumbnail or 25% worked for me).

Then come back to the forum and click on your "User Control Panel". Click on your "Profile" tab and about half way down on the left is the "edit avatar" button. Browse for you photo and submit.

If that is too hard or you have troubles, just email me the photo and I'll do it for you. How's that for service?
Yamaha 600 SX