Use this area to have discussions and swap information regarding Diablos or Hus Skis!
tweivoda

Post by tweivoda » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:28 am

I've been checking out this website for almost a month now. I've been in search of a Diablo for 4 or 5 years and finally found one a week ago. I remember as a yound lad watching TV and the Diablo was the first commercial we saw for these new strange vehicles that could move accross the snow. Its really what started the passion.

My "new" Diablo is a model 503 and appears to be in decent shape. The skeater was sitting outside for several years and the seat is basically gone. The skis will eventually need replacing. I'm working with Bruce on some parts and must say that he has been tremendous. I've got a list of part needs that I think he can help me with. He is probably sick of my daily emails by now.

The previous owner said the engine hadn't ran for at least 6 years and it could be closer to 10. You can imagine what the inside of the fuel tank looks like.

My goal is to get it in good running condition so that I can run it some yet this winter and then do a complete restoration over the summer. Any ideas or helpful hints will be appreciated. If you have pictures that would you like to share I would appreciate those as well.

I'm glad to have finally joined forum. The next several months should be fun.

cdnprairie

Re: New Member

Post by cdnprairie » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:21 am

Welcome Aboard,

I just did a refurb on a 502 this summer and completed just before x-mas. There are some pics under the Friends and thier Hus ski and Diablo tab. :)

Ken

Rock

Re: New Member

Post by Rock » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:41 pm

Welcome to the web site.

I've been dealing with Bruce for a year now and never had any problemes with him. I bought a Hus-ski and many other parts for my Diablo 500 threw him. I live in Kapuskasing,Ont and when he tells me that the parts are in the mail I uselly get the parts with in one week. Don't worry about bying from Bruce. Very honest man .

I'm also in the process of building a Diablo 500. So far i have a

Diablo 500
Hus-ski 444
Hus-ski 200a
1972 Snowbug

Take care
Rock
Hus-ski 200A
65 Snowbug
73 Olympique 300
71 Snow Cruiser
196? Rat Hus-ski