502 Hirth piston parts

Use this area to have discussions and swap information regarding Diablos or Hus Skis!
shoppin_angels
502 Hirth piston parts

Post by shoppin_angels » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:25 am

Thanks Bruce the info posted has been very helpful so far. I've got a 502 broken apart that has a standard piston(74.91). The engine was frozen due to time and water everything came apart, the piston and jug are in good shape but the wrist pin and needle bearings need replacement. Any ideas where to get replacements and or part numbers where they can be ordered. I also need replacement crank seals for the same motor, any ideas?? This is my first rebuild and am looking for any direction. Thanks, Walt

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Re: 502 Hirth piston parts

Post by Go Go Diablo » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:20 pm

Hi Walt,

Thanks for joining the forum. I'll be out for a bit, but try and get back later tonight to answer some of your questions.

Talk (type :lol: ) soon,

Bruce
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Re: 502 Hirth piston parts

Post by Go Go Diablo » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:36 pm

Hi again Walt and everyone else. We need a little help here. :x

Walt, the engine in the 500 & 502 is a Hirth 54R. I can help on the gasket kit. Go to the web site and look under the "Hirth 500 / 502" tab and you will see a link to SledStuff for the gasket kit. However, they do not offer the correct pin or bearing. The pin is a Hirth 0496/4 and the bearing is a Hirth 0491. I've not had to pull one of these apart yet, so I don't have a lot of experience with them. I did a quick search and did not find any help.

Sorry, maybe someone else out there has a suggestion?

One thing I would suggest is to get one of the technical packets offered on the web site (see the "technical" tab). It has all the manuals for the Hirth engines (parts and repair manuals).

Bruce
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX