Another hus ski joins the ranks

Use this area to have discussions and swap information regarding Diablos or Hus Skis!
1965 Hus-Ski
Another hus ski joins the ranks

Post by 1965 Hus-Ski » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:20 pm

First I would like to thank everybody for their help and information. Finally finished up the restoration on a 600 tonite. It has been quite the experience between finding parts and going from "getting the engine running and leave it as is" to a full blown tear down restoration. This forum and the experience everybody shares is priceless. When I went to start the engine tonite ( last time it ran was 4 months ago) it would not start. I thought what the heck it always started in 2 pulls. Spark check, fuel check, then I remembered something I read, pulled off fuel line, shot of air, fired right up. Special thanks to Bruce and Barrie hopefully someday I will get to meet you.
Keep on riding everybody.
One piece at a time

Barrie2777

Re: Another hus ski joins the ranks

Post by Barrie2777 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:35 am

Great news and congratulations. Have you sent Bruce a photo to add to the "friends and their diablo/husski " page?

1965 Hus-Ski

Re: Another hus ski joins the ranks

Post by 1965 Hus-Ski » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:30 pm

Took the hus ski out for a shake down run tonite to try to figure out why the choke keeps creeping out, I just have to put my finger on it to push it back in about an 1/8", ( any ideas why anybody?) On the way back to the shop my muffler came apart, I guess it's time to fix it right this time.
One piece at a time