2015 Hus Ski / Diablo Get Together

Use this area to have discussions and swap information regarding Diablos or Hus Skis!
Go Go Diablo
Site Admin
2015 Hus Ski / Diablo Get Together

Post by Go Go Diablo » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:25 am

Hello Hus Ski and Diablo Owners,
It's time to vote on where to meet in 2015. We have three offers to host our group of twin track articulating vintage sleds and the locations span the US and Canada. So from West to East, here are our options:

Option 1 - Salt Lake City - Utah. Bradley Gibbs offered an event at the Wasatch Wing and Clay on January 17th. He and the owner of the hunting club offer beautiful scenery on private property where we can meet, ride and enjoy the day. Wasatch Wing and Clay also claims to have the best hunting club in the west and those services can be taken advantage of too. A western BBQ will end the evening at the cabin. You can check out their web page. http://www.wasatchwingandclay.com/

Option 2 - Roseau, Minnesota. The Antique Snowmobile Club of America offers their Winter Meet on February 21st. The ASCOA organizes some race events for the really old iron, but those of us on our sleds find much to do as we race circles around some of the other trackers. You can get all the details of this event at the link below.
http://www.ascoa.org/winter-2015-meetin ... au-mn.html

Option 3 - Finch, Ontario. Sean Mullin offered to combine the Get Together with an event he hosts supporting Pulmonary Hypertension on January 17th. Sean offers to organize a very nice ride on groomed private trails and there is plenty of space around the event to just get out and ride around. There will be happenings within the township, plenty of parking and local hotel accommodations. We can organize a meeting hall and a meal if desired. There is even a large shop on-site should your buddy's sled need some repair.

So there are our options. Please look at your calendars and if one of these locations and dates fits your schedule, please email me and vote for that location. If you have a 1st choice and a 2nd choice, tell me that too. The site with the most votes becomes the location of our 2015 Get Together.

Votes must be submitted by November 30th. I will announce the winning location early in December.

Thank you all and hope to hear back from many of you.

One last thing - The above was sent out via our new updated "Newsletter" format. If you did not get this email, you can sign up for the newsletter easily from the home page at gogodiablo.com.

Bruce bruce@gogodiablo.com
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Re: 2015 Hus Ski / Diablo Get Together

Post by Go Go Diablo » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:32 pm

Hello Fellow Hus Ski and Diablo Owners,

You have chosen Finch, Ontario for the location of the 2015 Hus Ski / Diablo Get Together.

Option 3 - Finch, Ontario. Sean Mullin offered to combine the Get Together with an event he hosts supporting Pulmonary Hypertension on January 17th. Sean offers to organize a very nice ride on groomed private trails and there is plenty of space around the event to just get out and ride around. There will be happenings within the township, plenty of parking and local hotel accommodations. We can organize a meeting hall and a meal if desired. There is even a large shop on-site should your buddy's sled need some repair.

This is sure to be a great gathering and we expect many local enthusiasts to attend along with a number of others coming from across the US and Canada. So please mark your calendars and I will make contact with you again after the holidays with more details.

Bruce
Yamaha 600 SX

Rock

Post by Rock » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:53 pm

Hopefully I can find a muffler b4 Jan 17 LOL
Hus-ski 200A
65 Snowbug
73 Olympique 300
71 Snow Cruiser
196? Rat Hus-ski

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:14 pm

If not, we will hear you coming!
Yamaha 600 SX

jayvee43

Post by jayvee43 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:26 pm

I wish My 500 would be ready for this years meet. I would like to meet all you guys.

There may be a way I can get to meet any of you this winteryyet. I have been thinking. :roll:

I was wondering if someone could help me out. (maybe this is the wrong place to ask) and I apologize if so.

I am wondering if someone has one too many ski-seater. Mine is not original, and does not look anything like the original. And at some point I will be looking for one. So I am wondering if someone had one to sell me. Just the frame only is also ok. Something I have to clean and re-finish is also ok. Something that could fit in your load and not be too frustrating.

I would drive the 1 1/2 hour to meet you in Finch. (you can PM me with a price)

Please let me know if you have something. Thanks guys.

Jesse
Last edited by jayvee43 on Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1971 Snowbug
1967 Diablo rouge 500

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:58 pm

Hello Everyone,

Hope all had a great Christmas with the joy of family and friends.

As promised, here are some details for the upcoming Hus Ski / Diablo Get Together in Finch, Ontario on January 17th.

For those coming in Friday, there will be a free light meal with a pay bar in the Hall.

On Saturday, there will be a breakfast available for purchase on the site and some events happening within the township. Along with the main gathering event, there will also be an obstacle course and a radar run for those interested. There may also be an organized trail ride or two during the day and there are trails around the event to ride and enjoy. Saturday evening events will feature a live band.

If you are looking for a GPS address to focus on, here are two to choose from:
20 Main, Finch, Ontario should get you to MacLean's Block Pub
44 Front Street, Finch, Ontario should get you to Finch Pizzeria
The event will take place under the water tower in Finch.

There are a number of hotels in Cornwall and one in Long Sault. Barrie and I are staying at the Lion Hotel in Long Sault which is about 20 minutes from Finch. They have good priced rooms. You can contact them at 613-534-2119.

If you plan to attend, please email me. RSVP for the Friday meal if you are interested in that. Right now, there is little snow anywhere with Mother Nature not playing nice this time of year. If snow does not come in the next few weeks, plans may change.

If you are interested in further details, please send me an email and I will keep you posted on what is happening.

Bruce

bruce@gogodiablo.com
Yamaha 600 SX

Barrie2777

Post by Barrie2777 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:04 pm

What time is the meal on Friday?

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:27 pm

Hi all,

We regrettably have been informed that the Get Together in Finch has been cancelled. At this time, there is little to no snow in the area and the event relies on snow to be a success.

However, we are working on another opportunity for a upcoming weekend in February. I will send out a note later this week.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience.

Bruce
Yamaha 600 SX

HUS-SKI ED 1961

Post by HUS-SKI ED 1961 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:26 pm

:cry: Too bad. A big thank you to everyone who did all the work trying to make it happen.

Ed

Rock

Post by Rock » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:55 pm

I've check the motels around Deep River and there about 65 BUCKS per night at Deep river motel (613-584-2743 ) ---------- Pine Motel (613-584-3381)

Rock
Hus-ski 200A
65 Snowbug
73 Olympique 300
71 Snow Cruiser
196? Rat Hus-ski