Bruce-Thoughts on the MTT-136

Use this area to have discussions and swap information regarding Diablos or Hus Skis!
tweivoda
Bruce-Thoughts on the MTT-136

Post by tweivoda » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:29 am

Bruce, Perhaps I missed them, but I am curious as to your thoughts on the new electric MTT-136. Granted, its no Hus ski or Diablo, but it looks interesting. Even if it goes into production, I doubt that 45-50 years from now that a group of enthusiasts will be meeting in different parts of North America to restore and ride these machines. And I doubt there will be some guy in Wisconsin who travels the continent looking for MTT-136s in barns and sheds to donate parts. And I doubt this same guy will engage in a hobby to make reproduction parts so that owners of MTT-136s can keep their machines going for decades beyond.

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/02/18/mtt- ... tank-sled/

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Re: Bruce-Thoughts on the MTT-136

Post by Go Go Diablo » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:45 pm

Although not studying the video, I was certainly intrigued by the machine. Very versatile. Electric. Can be used year round. Very utilitarian. Liked the 110 Volt AC Converter. Certainly looks like they are interested in hooking up with financial investors to support the manufacture of units.

Thanks for sharing the link to the video Terry.

Bruce
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX