Hus Ski / Diablo Get Together 09'

Use this area to have discussions and swap information regarding Diablos or Hus Skis!
Go Go Diablo
Site Admin
Hus Ski / Diablo Get Together 09'

Post by Go Go Diablo » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:51 pm

Hi all,

Sent most of you an email starting discussion about where to meet in 09'. Seems joining an existing event is best. Two events I threw out there were:

- Antique Snowmobile Club of America's Winter Meeting in Munising, Michigan
- Low Buck Vintage Snowmobile Club's show in Chilton, Wisconsin on January 24th.

Any other suggestions?
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX

mike1937

Re: Hus Ski / Diablo Get Together 09'

Post by mike1937 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:21 pm

i know we up here would like something closer but we all would like that

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:33 pm

This is what I suggest for this year. Because it will be the first one that is a bit more planned and organized, lets take a couple of weeks and get location suggestions from people. Then I will send out another email to all with options and let everyone vote (if they plan on attending). That way, it will be a people's choice of this meeting.

However for the long term, I don't want every future meeting to be in this area. It would be great for some of us to travel a bit to somewhere else. But let's be honest, we can't have one in the middle of no-where and only have a couple of people show up.

Again, looking for suggestions. So please let me know via email.

Bruce
Yamaha 600 SX

jdb102482

Post by jdb102482 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:27 pm

I don't know what anyone would think of Spencer, WI. We have a vintage ride and show the first weekend in February. Super Bowl Saturday. It is held at a bar just out side of Spencer. For any one that wants to know where Spencer is, its in central Wisconsin about an hour west of Wausau, or an hour and a half east of Eau Claire. There is food and drink, the dining area of the bar is set up for us, there is a field behind the bar you can ride in no matter how much snow we have, or go on a trail ride, if they are open.We would be glad to have all the red and yellow along with all the other old iron.
Jeremiah

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:52 pm

Hi all,

Thanks Jeremiah for the offer. So here is what we have to date for ideas.

- Spencer, Wisconsin first weekend of February (not sure if that is Sunday the 1st or Saturday the 7th).
- The LBVS in Chilton, Wisconsin on January 24th.
- The ASCOA in Munising, Michigan on February 13th & 14th.
- The Top of the Lake Snowmobile Museum in Naubinway, Michigan on February 20th & 21st.
- Waconia, Minnesota on January 31st and February 1st.

Any more?
Yamaha 600 SX

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:37 am

The poll question email is out as of yesterday. If you did not get an email from me about location options for the Get Together in 09', let me know.

Bruce
Yamaha 600 SX

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:42 pm

Good question. Here is an email I got from ASCOA regarding Munising and Top of the Lake Museum:

Hi Bruce: Sorry it took a day to get back to you but I wanted to confirm the ASCOA winter meeting date before I got back to you. The winter meeting will be February 13 & 14,2009 in Munising Michigan. I think the winter meet would be a great fit for your group. We should be able to get the motel name and number out to everyone as soon as all the details have been worked out. Randy called me the other day and said he had been in touch with you. At the winter meeting we have various races with the antiques. We usually run everything through 1966 together and then run the 1967's and 68's as a group. We have a computerized program which sets the handicaps on all the machines. Normally we will have drag races,oval races,backwards oval for those with a reverse transmission,slalom races,log pulls,etc. We just mainly want to have fun. To participate in the races you have to be an ASCOA member. We start the meeting on Friday evening with a giant cracker barrel session and always have fun seeing old friends again. Then on Saturday we display the machines and hold the races and then have a banquet on Saturday evening. Then Sunday morning everyone heads for home.
Also, the following weekend(Feb. 20&21,2009) the Top of the Lake Snowmobile Museum in Naubinway,Michigan holds a Friday and Saturday Show and Ride on Friday and Saturday which you might want to consider. This is the biggest and oldest show and ride in Michigan. On Friday morning at 8:30am a ride for antique and vintage machines goes 11 miles to Engadine, Michigan for a breakfast at the town hall and then returns to Naubinway. At noon ,a ride is taken for about 4 miles out on the gas powerline to a bonfire and hot dog cookout. While there, we have held Hus Ski & Bolens races for the last four years. I believe there were 14-15 Hus Skis and Bolens in the event last year. Then on Friday night there is a fish fry in Naubinway. On Saturday,there is usually 250-270 machines on display in Naubinway followed by a banquet at 5:00pm with a guest speaker and door prize drawings. The VSCA magazine featured one of the Bolens on their cover this last year and the feature article featured the Hus Skis and Bolens with a great 2 page photo.
Quite a few of us spend the week going to the ASCOA winter meet and then on to Michigan for the Top of the Lake Snowmobile Museum show the next weekend.

The Chilton Show would be a Vintage Snowmobile Show and swap along with a short ride. It will be a smaller show or sorts. Their web site is:

http://www.newlowbuckvintageriders.com/

The Spencer, Wisconsin show may be similar to above. A smaller show.

I think we all know what we get with Wiconia. It will be a big show and event.

Of course, the smaller the show, I think the more the club would be willing to cater to our needs. What we are looking for is an event that will allow us to congregate our machines in an area and take advantage of their food and location. It also needs some lodging near by which I don't think is an issue with any of the alternatives.

Does that help?
Yamaha 600 SX

Barrie2777

Post by Barrie2777 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:08 pm

HUS-SKI and Bolens races...I can't believe it. Too bad you guys are three days drive from here. I wish I could come.

Rock

Post by Rock » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:29 pm

Barrie

Mayby next year they will have it on our Canadian side. :D It would be fun getting all together for a race .

Rock
Hus-ski 200A
65 Snowbug
73 Olympique 300
71 Snow Cruiser
196? Rat Hus-ski

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:43 pm

What can I say: I asked for suggestions. No one from Canada offered any. :lol:

I'd say this about a future year, if someone has a site and people are willing to drive (as I am), I'd love to drive up to Canada for such an event.

3 days? Really?
Yamaha 600 SX