2014 Hus Ski / Diablo Get Together

Use this area to have discussions and swap information regarding Diablos or Hus Skis!
Go Go Diablo
Site Admin
2014 Hus Ski / Diablo Get Together

Post by Go Go Diablo » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:22 pm

Hi all,

We are taking ideas on where to hold our annual meeting in 2014. This is your opportunity to look for an event in your area and host a bunch of Hus Skis and Diablos.

We generally look for an event where our sleds can be driven without local registrations. It has been convenient to join with an event like a Snowmobile Show and Swap or other winter event. So if you have some ideas, please send them my way.

So far, we have two suggestions.

Jack B from Newfoundland says to come out his way. We will be sure to have that as an option.

Ray B offered the New Hampshire Snowmobile Association,in conjuntion with NH easter seals. Feb 7/8/9 2014 Gorham, NH. Beautiful, scenic, area with all kinds of businesses to cater to the snowmobile public. We (Presidential Range Riders) are also planning a vintage sled meet on the town common. Right in the shadows of Mt Washington, so we usually get some snow.

You can email me at bruce@gogodiablo.com

Think Snow everyone!

Bruce
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Re: 2014 Hus Ski / Diablo Get Together

Post by Go Go Diablo » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:00 am

Hi all,

We have four destination suggestions for a Get Together in 2014. If you are interested in attending, review the suggestions below and reply via email to me with your vote. The event with the most votes by the end of November will host the 2014 Get Together.

1) Jack Brenton who is the Regional Director of Newfoundland for the Antique and Classic Snowmobile Club of Canada suggests we all come out to Newfoundland for a visit.

http://www.acscc.com/

2) New Hampshire Snowmobile Association in conjunction with NH Easter Seals. Feb 7/8/9, 2014, Gorham, NH. Beautiful scenic area with all kinds of businesses to cater to the snowmobile public. We (Presidential Range Riders) are also planning a vintage sled meet on the town common. Right in the shadows of Mt Washington, so we usually get some snow.
Ray Bergeron would be the host.

http://www.nhsa.com/

3) Monticello Frostbite and the Trail Blazers will be holding their snowmobile event on Jan 11 2014 in Monticello, Minnesota. Based on 38 acres, the Frostbite Challenge Vintage Snowmobile Show and Swap Meet is Wright County's Largest Snowmobile Event. Venders that are booked for this year include Polaris Corporate, Mies outland, Moon Motors, Shade Tree, CFMoto, Truemann, Stud Boy, Bottom Line and so many more.
Chad Paumen would be the host.

http://frostbitechallenge.org/

4) The Cross Country Crusiers are holding their annual Crusierfest on February 14 & 15 on Minocqua Lake in north central Wisconsin.
Ken Mueller would be the host.

http://www.snowmobilewi.com/cruiserfest

So review options above and get your votes in early. Then, get your Hus Skis and Diablos ready for another upcoming and thrilling winter of riding!

Think Snow ya-all!

Bruce
Yamaha 600 SX

husskifan

Post by husskifan » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:51 pm

GORHAM NH. WOULD BE GREAT FOR ALL OF US IN THE N.E. SCENIC AND LOTS OF SNOW.

BillNH

Post by BillNH » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:20 am

Gorham would be great, I'd love to see one in the Northeast.
Bill, 503 Diablo Rouge, 444 mongrel. 2009 Arctic Cat 570

Jano

Post by Jano » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:41 am

I'm in for Gorham, NH also.

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:30 am

Gorham, New Hampshire it is. More details to follow.
Yamaha 600 SX

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:16 am

Hello fellow Hus Ski and Diablo Enthusists,

Need your RSVP if interested.

I'm excited to tell you that this year's Get Together will hosted by the Presidential Range Riders Snowmobile Club in conjunction with the New Hampshire Snowmobile Association and their "Easter Seals Ride In" in Gorham, New Hampshire on February 8th.

Being the 7th year of this event, this will be the first in the eastern part of North America and I hope this gives many of you a chance to attend that have not attended in the past.

A few notes about the event include:

- There will be a Vintage Snowmobile Show planned for the Gorham town common.
- The Hus ski and Diablo Rouge will be the featured brand of vintage snowmobile at the meet.
- Official times yet to be determined.
- Anticipating some light not long "single track" trails for the vintage riders to get out and drive on around the event.
- The host club (Presidential Range Riders) will also operate a "radar run" at the airport a half mile from the show.
- Show entries will be allowed to access the single track and radar runs without NH registration. We will have some stipulations as to operation as we want to have a controlled event with fun in mind.
- As the Hus Ski and Diablo will be the featured sleds in this event, we should consider displaying at least one of each model like was done at the Alliston Get Together, Therefore, I need some volunteers to show their sleds.

To get a sense of attendance, it would greatly help the hosts if they had an approximate count of attendance from our group. Please respond back to me at bruce@gogodiablo.com by the first week in January if you plan to attend and if you have a Hus Ski or Diablo model you wish to display with other featured models in the show area.

Ray Bergeron and Motorcycle Snowmobile Services will work directly with the snowmobile club. Ray says if anyone has questions, they can call him direct at the number below. If any show participants would like to rent a modern snowmobile, they would be glad to offer a 10% discount of the rental from their fleet.

Ray Bergeron
Motorcycle Snowmobile Service
Northeast ATV Snowmobile Rental
299 Main st
Gorham NH 03581 603-466-5211

http://www.nhsa.com/
http://www.androscogginvalleychamber.com/
http://presidentialrangeriders.org/
http://www.gorhamnh.org/Pages/index
http://www.northeastsnowmobile.com/

Thank you all and looking forward to hearing back from many of you about the event.

Bruce
Yamaha 600 SX

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:41 pm

We will be looking for Hus Skis and Diablos to represent all the production models. We have some volunteers, but looking for more to fill the gaps. Please email in to bruce@gogodiablo.com if you are coming to the show and can fill one of the gaps below.

Hus Ski Snow Traveller - Yet to be determined
Hus Ski 200 - Jeff C from Canastota, New York
Hus Ski 200A - Yet to be determined
Hus Ski 400 - Yet to be determined
Hus Ski 600 Single Track - Yet to be determined
Hus Ski 600 Double Track - Yet to be determined
Hus Ski 444 - Ray B from Gorham, New Hampshire
Diablo 500 - Bruce S from Sobieski, Wisconsin
Diablo 502 - Yet to be determined
Diablo 503 - Yet to be determined
Prototypes anyone????????

Ray B.jpg
Ray B.jpg (37.77KiB)Viewed 7007 times
Yamaha 600 SX

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:35 pm

Here is the Diablo 500 that will be coming for the show. Still looking for many of the spots to be filled. Still only have the 200, 444 and 500 spoken for. There is also rumor that a strange fellow from Quebec will be bringing his prototype Hus Ski which was one of the first ones built.

Contact me if you are coming and have a sled to show.

Bruce

DSC03059.JPG
DSC03059.JPG (159.56KiB)Viewed 6859 times
Yamaha 600 SX

Barrie2777

Post by Barrie2777 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:37 pm

I have decided to bring a machine or two to this event. Need to find a room now. I look forward to meeting the "strange guy" from Quebec.