Princeton, Minnesota Grass Drags and Swap Meet

Use this area to have discussions and swap information regarding Diablos or Hus Skis!
Go Go Diablo
Site Admin
Princeton, Minnesota Grass Drags and Swap Meet

Post by Go Go Diablo » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:08 am

The Outlaws from the Princeton Area will again be having their Summer Grass Drags and associated events August 24 - 26.

I plan to make my first visit to this event on Saturday the 25th. Is anyone else planning to attend?

If anyone from the area is looking for parts or Diablos, I can bring them along.

Bruce

bruce@gogodiablo.com
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Re: Princeton, Minnesota Grass Drags and Swap Meet

Post by Go Go Diablo » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:23 am

The trip to Minnesota was a success.

Thursday started with a drive up to the Duluth area where I picked up a number of Diablos and parts from a fellow enthusiast. Lots of good projects on this truck and trailer load.

Friday, I spent the day in Center City with a couple of Diablo buddies. Matt, Jessie, Joe and I spent the day working on and talking about Diablos. It was a good preview of what the workshop will be on September 22nd.

Saturday was spent walking miles through the large swap meet at Princeton. This was my first visit to Princeton and I was very happy. It was a typical large swap meet with venders selling a variety of items ranging from ATVs, newer snowmobiles and parts, vintage snowmobiles and parts and then a splattering of other odds and ends. The event was well organized, parking was easy, plenty of porta-potties around and I waited in line only a few minutes to get food.

In the meet, I found some good buys on recoils, a motor, a good number of Tillotson HR carbs we use on the Diablos, Salsbury clutches and other supplies we use. It was not the most productive swap meet I've been to in regards to good purchases, but worth the trip.

Let the season begin!
DSC01788.JPG
DSC01788.JPG (145.07KiB)Viewed 4066 times
Anybody looking for a Diablo? :D
Yamaha 600 SX

Barrie2777

Post by Barrie2777 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:09 pm

Ever wonder why there are so many Diablos for sale and so few HUS-SKIs? ...just a thought.........

fap67

Post by fap67 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:35 pm

Bruce, I'm always amazed at the amount of Diablos that you drag home. Do you know how many that you have hauled home since you started collecting them?

Cory Moffat

Post by Cory Moffat » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:28 pm

Yes it is quite the load he has there. in my area you are lucky to see one.

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Post by Go Go Diablo » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:38 pm

Good question Frank. Someday, I should sit down and add up all the Diablos and Hus Skis I've bought and sold. Certainly, I've bought more than I've sold which explains why my shop is so full. But if I had to guess, I've purchased between 60 and 80 of them since 2008. That is a crazy number of Hus Skis and Diablos.

So why do I do it?

Because so many people contact me looking for them and I often get to make people very happy when they drive one up on the trailer to bring it home. More fun than selling them is when the owners contact me later and tell me the stories, memories and fun they are having with their Hus Skis and Diablos. It warms the heart for sure. :)
Yamaha 600 SX