Ski making instructions

These posts document restoration experiences of our members
Dragoon
Ski making instructions

Post by Dragoon » Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:23 am

I have seen a couple of links here to instruction/video guides to making skis but the links are dead… does anyone know where I can find a good link?

I have a new factory set of cleats and runners that I will be using as a pattern to make spare sets and I would to do skis as well..

Thanks
Rod

Go Go Diablo
Site Admin

Re: Ski making instructions

Post by Go Go Diablo » Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:36 pm

Unfortunately, the original web pages that showed the process for building skis was an old googlepages website and those links all were discontinued year ago.

In my experience and I am just speaking for me here, when I saw the process for making skis, I realized that is way more work than I would consider for attempting to reproduce a pair of skis. That is why I buy them from Barrie Graham when possible.

Barrie has some Hus Ski skis and I have just a few pair of Hus Ski skis with the Durasurf Wear Skins on them. If you are interested in my skis, contact me at bruce@gogodiablo.com.

I believe Diablo skis are all sold out this year.

Bruce
Too many Diablos and parts to count.
Yamaha 600 SX

Dragoon

Re: Ski making instructions

Post by Dragoon » Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:35 pm

Thanks for the info Bruce,
I don’t even have a Hus Ski YET 😁. I am asking about making the skis simply because I want to be able to say I made them.. and I’m a wood guy who really enjoys a challenge LOL

Rod