200

These posts document restoration experiences of our members

Re: 200

Postby snocatpete » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:24 pm

Polishing and checking the bores for excessive wear for the choke and throttle shafts
Attachments
IMG_5294.JPG
IMG_5294.JPG (135.2 KiB) Viewed 39 times
IMG_5295.JPG
IMG_5295.JPG (113.21 KiB) Viewed 39 times
IMG_5296.JPG
IMG_5296.JPG (103.78 KiB) Viewed 39 times
User avatar
snocatpete
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:39 pm

Re: 200

Postby snocatpete » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:36 pm

Next, I installed the welch plug for the low mixture circuit. Then I installed the nozzle check valve for the high circuit. It is noted that when installing this, that the cross drilling holes for the inlet should be installed in line with the mixture screw. Then I installed the inlet needle and seat and the fulcrum arm or control arm.
Attachments
IMG_5298.JPG
IMG_5298.JPG (80.73 KiB) Viewed 39 times
IMG_5299.JPG
IMG_5299.JPG (132.04 KiB) Viewed 39 times
IMG_5300.jpg
IMG_5300.jpg (140.25 KiB) Viewed 39 times
User avatar
snocatpete
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:39 pm

Re: 200

Postby snocatpete » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:43 pm

So at this point, I set the fulcrum arm adjustment level with the floor of the carburetor and I also do a preliminary pressure check on the needle and seat. What I look for in a pressure test is cracking pressure or opening pressure, closing pressure or bleed down pressure, and holding pressure when the needle closes. IF this all checks out within spec (as it did) then I can proceed to install the gaskets. I also do this pressure test at this point so if I do have to make an adjustment to the needle and seat, I don't have to take the carburetor apart to do that.
Attachments
IMG_5302.JPG
IMG_5302.JPG (132.18 KiB) Viewed 39 times
IMG_5304.JPG
IMG_5304.JPG (120.82 KiB) Viewed 39 times
User avatar
snocatpete
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:39 pm

Re: 200

Postby snocatpete » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:44 pm

Next I installed a new throttle shaft and a new choke shaft.
Attachments
IMG_5305.JPG
IMG_5305.JPG (142.94 KiB) Viewed 39 times
IMG_5306.JPG
IMG_5306.JPG (147.6 KiB) Viewed 39 times
User avatar
snocatpete
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:39 pm

Re: 200

Postby snocatpete » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:49 pm

Next I started to install a brand new gasket kit.
Attachments
IMG_5309.JPG
IMG_5309.JPG (101.64 KiB) Viewed 39 times
IMG_5310.JPG
IMG_5310.JPG (116.39 KiB) Viewed 39 times
IMG_5312.JPG
IMG_5312.JPG (137.48 KiB) Viewed 39 times
User avatar
snocatpete
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:39 pm

Re: 200

Postby snocatpete » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:58 pm

Next I cleaned and painted the needle valves, installed back up washers and sealing rings on the needles and then installed the needles into the carburetor. Also installed the new filter screen and gasket and end cover. At this point I also installed the control swivels on to the shafts
Attachments
IMG_5314.JPG
IMG_5314.JPG (123.12 KiB) Viewed 39 times
IMG_5318.JPG
IMG_5318.JPG (126.38 KiB) Viewed 39 times
IMG_5316.JPG
IMG_5316.JPG (116.9 KiB) Viewed 39 times
User avatar
snocatpete
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:39 pm

Re: 200

Postby snocatpete » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:02 pm

Then I did a final pressure test on it to make sure it was all still within spec then I installed the air intake cover and installed it on the engine
Attachments
IMG_5321.JPG
IMG_5321.JPG (137.44 KiB) Viewed 39 times
IMG_5322.JPG
IMG_5322.JPG (138 KiB) Viewed 39 times
IMG_5331.JPG
IMG_5331.JPG (110.21 KiB) Viewed 39 times
User avatar
snocatpete
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:39 pm

Previous

Return to Hus Ski and Diablo Restorations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests